Prism House Painting is one of the most trusted masonry contractors in Connecticut. They offer masonry services to Connecticut’s Darien and Fairfield County. Here are some tips from Prism House Painting on how to choose masonry services in Darien:
- References: Start with your family and friends. If they have had masonry work done, ask who they recommend. You can also check the local Yellow Pages and online contractor directories. Search engines also provide a list of masonry contractors in your area.
- Bonded and Insured: Check for masonry companies that are bonded and/or insured. These companies can financially cover mishaps if a worker does damage to your home or property. The insurance also includes general liability and workers’ compensation to cover employees in case of injury.
- Licensed: In most states, it is mandatory for a masonry contractor to have a license. This license indicates that the contractor is knowledgeable in their trade.
- Previous Projects: Ask the contractors to refer you to former clients. Talk with the clients about their level of satisfaction, and see the results if possible.
- Price: Don’t make your final decision based on price alone. You may get impressed by the lowest bid, but the lowest bidder might not provide quality work. However, keep in mind that a higher bid doesn’t necessarily mean better work.
- BBB Rating: The Better Business Bureau is an organization that assigns reviews to businesses that have applied for accreditation. You will see a company’s rating, and learn if the business has complaints filed against it.